This week at Cross andWoods there will be a new magazine – Laine Magazine – we are very excited to be the only stockist in the Netherlands!
“Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. We cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life. Our intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
Laine includes patterns from the leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling.”
Issue one should hit the shelves this week, there are travel guides, patterns from your favourite pattern writers.
And here is what is inside:
- 116 pages, uncoated, high-quality paper (weight approx. 450 grams)
- 11 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed and illustrated (designers: Joji Locatelli, Stephen West, Veera Välimäki, Meiju K-P, Susanne Sommer, Suvi Simola, Marianne Isager, Tiina Huhtaniemi, Heidi Alander, Jonna Hietala, for the yarns featured in this issue, please see the full list below)
- instructions on how to make a cross-stitch bracelet
- a long-format story about Joji Locatelli
- an interview with Helga Isager
- a Q&A with Stephen West
- On the Origin of Wool – a visit to a local sheep farm
- A story on wool by Megan Elizabeth of Wool Days
- a travel guide to Lisbon featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop.
We will have an option to pre order on the webshop until the magazine arrives in stock!