We’re reopening our blog with exciting news!
Along with all other fervent (sock-)knitters (and lovers of beautiful knitting books) we waited impatiently for Laine Magazine’s first big publication. 52 Weeks of Socks came out in February, and is a wonderful collection of the most beautiful patterns, with socks-challenges ranging from subtle colourwork to intricate cable patterns.
To celebrate the book and the joy of knitting in the virtual company of others, we planned to host a Laine Sock-A-Long. You can find the Rules below, along with some already ongoing projects! We can’t wait to see what everybody will be making. As for ourselves: Pauline immediately cast on Dear Björn, both Pauline and Eloïse have been working on the Hestia Slippers, and I cast on the lovely Unity pattern.
If you’d like to join but don’t have your copy of the book yet, don’t worry: the new edition is coming out mid April. You can pre-order it here.
Welcome to our co-hosts!
We’re incredibly stoked about two of the featured designers joining us!
We’re welcoming Mieka John (@Saltandstoneknits) and Nataliya Sinelshchikova (@fibre_creative) as our special co-hosts during this digital event.
Mieka’s Hestia Slippers invoke cozy evenings and afternoons reserved to tea and reading.
She brings comfort to a new level with a thrummed lining, incorporating the oh-so-softness of unseen wool into the slipper’s sole.
Tag your knitting process with #hestiaslippers
Nataliya’s Dear Björn spirals around your feet and ankles in a dreamy, winding design. The pattern is surprisingly easy to master, with slipped stitching as basis for the mesmerising relief.
Tag your process with #dearbjörnsocks
- Start knitting your favourite pair of socks and post on IG about your progress along the way
- Our sockalong is open to everyone
- Sockalong ends 8 May 2020 6PM CEST
- Only entries from the Laine book ‘52 Weeks of Socks’ are valid
- Tag us in your post(s) and use the hashtag #lainesockalong (and….. it’s always nice to tag the designer, the pattern & @laine_magazine too!)
- We will announce 3 prize winners, each one will receive a surprise prize package with a minimum retail value of €50 – prizes will include free worldwide shipping (we’re not eligible for any extra custom charges/addition shipping fees)
- We acccept UFO’s (unfinished objects) as long as there is at least 1 finished sock. We won’t hold second sock syndrome against you.
- Can’t wait to see more of your projects!
You’ve all been knitting and keeping your hands busy. We’ll continue featuring some of the #lainesockalong posts on our blog! <3