‘Plants Are Magic’ is a magazine for makers, dreamers and plant lovers. It’s a celebration of botanical creativity and explores the human relationship with plants.
The topic for Vol. 1 is “well-being” with a Spring/Summer theme. 80 pages of plant-based art, craft, food, healing, interviews, stories, experiences, recipes and tutorials. The magazine is independently published by Rebecca Desnos in the UK and completely ad-free. It’s printed on FSC certified silk paper and ‘perfect bound’ just like a book.
Some tasters of what you’ll find in Vol. 1 of Plants Are Magic:
– Colours that Heal: harnessing the power of plants to dye therapeutic cloth. Discover how to dye your own scarf with plants, using an alternative dyeing method to my usual soya milk process.
– Oil Power: ever wondered about the difference between an oil infusion and an essential oil? A herbalist share’s her journey with us and shows us the kinds of plants that make the best oil infusions and why. Plus learn how to make your own relaxing massage oil.
– Nourish Your Creativity : Practical tips for eating and cooking to help us reconnect with our inner creativity.
– A Therapeutic Language of Plant Life: Why are humans instinctively drawn to plants? Read someone’s personal account and learn about some of the theories behind this.
– Noticing Nature : How to appreciate what you have around you, no matter where you live. Some tips for sparking creativity and encouraging mindfulness.